See League Forms for a complete list of league rules. The basic summary of our on-field rules are as follows:
- All co-ed leagues utilize a designated player (DP) system. A team forfeits if they cannot field a minimum number of players, including a minimum of one female player.
- A DPis defined as a female or a male player over 44 yrs old. In co-ed leagues, at least one female player must be on the field at all times.
- Any player on a team may take a direct, indirect or penalty kick.
- No slide tackling or offsides rule, except in 11 v 11 leagues.
- High kicks are never allowed.
- Shinguards are required; jewelry is not allowed.
- Games are comprised of two 25-minute halves (8v8, 7v7, or Futsal), two 35-minute halves (Albany Co-Ed), or two 45-minute halves (11 v 11 leagues).
- All players must check in with their player pass to the referee before the game starts.
- No unregistered players allowed. All players must sign a release waiver before participating.
Please click on the below link for the full BAASL league rules. All players and their captains are responsible for knowing and following all rules.
Here are some of the benefits of playing in our futsal, 7v7 (half-field), and/or 8v8 (half-field) games:
- More player participation;
- More touches of the ball;
- More passes attempted;
- More 1v1's attempted;
- More goals scored; and
- More goalkeeper participation.