FootGolf is a combination of the popular sports of soccer and golf. The game is played with a regulation #5 soccer ball at a golf course facility on shortened holes with 21-inch diameter cups. The rules largely correspond to the rules of golf. FootGolf as a game is played throughout the world in many different forms, but as a sport, the game is played the same way as golf, except players use a soccer ball and the ball is kicked rather than struck with a club.
Registration for the BAASL FootGolf Summer and Fall 2015 Leagues now open - Register HERE. BAASL is a California FootGolf Association (CFGA) sanctioned FootGolf club.
BAASL FootGolf Locations:
9 Hole Course - San Leandro - Monarch Bay Golf Club & 18 Holes Course - Alameda - Chuck Corica Golf Course (coming soon).
FootGolf Rules Highlights:
- FootGolf is played, for the most part, without the supervision of a referee or umpire. The game relies on the integrity of the individual to show consideration for other players and to abide by the Rules. All players should conduct themselves in a disciplined manner, demonstrating courtesy and sportsmanship at all times, irrespective of how competitive they may be.
Players should not play until the players in front are out of range. If a player plays a ball in a direction where there is a danger of hitting someone, he should immediately shout a warning. The traditional word of warning in such a situation is "fore."
On the teeing ground, a player should not tee his ball until it is his turn to play.
Players should not stand close to or directly behind the ball, or directly behind the hole, when another player is about to play.
You are not allowed to roll the ball or use the sole of the foot. On the putting green, players should not stand on another player's line of putt or when he is making a stroke, cast a shadow over his line of putt. Players should remain on or close to the putting green until all other players in the group have holed out.
- The goal is to play as few strokes (aka kicks) per round as possible.
- FootGolf improves shooting accuracy and strength.
- A Professional Footgolfer Player Average Kick 90 to 100 yards.
- FootGolf is quicker to play, more accessible to players, and does not require expensive equipment.
- The first FootGolf World Cup was played in Budapest, Hungary in 2012.